Entre para seguir isso  
Doc Savage

Pedidos de tradução

Fala, Dóki. Descobri este tópico há pouco tempo. Taí a entrevista com o Guida. Pode abrir um tópico com ela, se quiser.

valeu Morph

vi agora e ja indo postar

abs

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Compartilhar em outros sites

Curtinha do Velasquez:

Cain Velasquez video talks UFC 99 fight against Heath Herring on June 13

Cain Velazquez: "I Can Get A Lot Better"

By Ariel Helwani

April 15, 2009

Slowly but surely, UFC rising star Cain Velazquez (5-0) continues to climb the heavyweight ladder. The former Arizona State University wrestler has been on everyone's radar since he debuted in the UFC in April 2008.

But after defeating mid-level opponents in his first three UFC fights, Velazquez will now be facing stiffer compeition in the form of veteran Heath Herring at UFC 99 in Cologne, Germany.

"I just think that he's the next guy on the ladder," Velazquez told VERSUS.com. "He's a great opponent; he's fought everybody. You know, he keeps fighting; he doesn't quit. I think this will be a really tough fight."

Despite the fact that people are clamoring to see Velazquez face the likes of Shane Carwin or even UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar, the American Kickboxing Academy product still thinks he has a long way to go before being considered one of the elite heavyweights in MMA.

'I think in every aspect of the game, I think I can get alot better. I can get better in my jiu-jitsu, my kickboxing, my wrestling, my boxing...So, I just look at it like that, and I gotta keep improving in all aspects of my MMA game.

"They are not going to get any easier than Heath Herring, so it's going to keep being harder and harder. So, I do got to improve to keep up with those guys."

http://www.versus.com/nw/article/view/7839...iel_helwani.tpl

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Esse cara vai estreiar no UFC 98 contra o Pat Barry

May-4-2009

Tim Hague – Introducing “The Thrashing Machine”

By Debbie Lee

“I was scared of fights as a kid.”

This is not the sort of thing you’d expect to hear from the mouth of a 6’ 4”, 265-pound man

christened “The Thrashing Machine,” but Canadian heavyweight Tim Hague is something of a gentle giant. Soft-spoken and well mannered, he’s the type of guy who, in his everyday life, shows zero telltale signs of his penchant for brawling.

Just don’t let that detract from his successful history in the cage. With his Octagon debut scheduled for May 23rd at UFC 98 in Las Vegas, Hague hopes to display the knockout power that earned him a 9-1 record and the heavyweight title in Canada’s King of the Cage.

“The only long-term goal that I’ve ever had since I first started fighting was to make it to the UFC,” said the 25-year old from Edmonton. “The fact that the best fighters in the world are hand-picked to be here means that it’s going to be tough, and I am looking forward to the challenge.”

Hague’s journey en route to the big stage has been an unusual one. Born and bred in Alberta, Canada, he was a self-described “chubby kid,” as well as a late bloomer to sports and physical fitness.

“I played hockey throughout high school, but I wasn’t the greatest athlete,” he confessed. “I guess you could say I was typically the one who got picked on. But I would never get into fights at school; in fact, I was kind of afraid of them.”

As the saying goes, the adversity made him stronger – in this case, physically as much as mentally. Hague received a gym membership from his parents as a high school graduation gift (“I think they were trying to give me a hint,” he said with a laugh) and put it to good use, changing his diet and adopting a rigorous strength training routine. While completing his bachelor’s degree in education at the University of Alberta, he began competitive powerlifting on his school team, ultimately earning a title in bench-pressing.

It was an impressive transformation in a short amount of time. Still, something was lacking. Hague wanted a new challenge.

“That’s when I got a word-of-mouth tip at the gym about free MMA training, so I decided to give it a try,” he said. “So yeah, I pretty much woke up one day and got started. I was training with a couple of guys, including [KOTC veteran] Travis Galbraith, and picked things up quickly, so only a few months passed before he asked if I wanted to fight.”

He accepted without hesitation. But as a former bully target, he says the decision came as a surprise to his peers.

“Friends and family members were worried that I would get hurt,” he said. “They never thought that I would do this for a living. But I couldn’t let it bother me. If I have my mind set on something, I have to follow through with it, no matter what anyone else says.”

Hague shocked everyone – including himself – with a win via submission, but it was far from a fluke. During his two-year tenure in KOTC, “The Thrashing Machine” (a name given to him by his boxing coach) has stopped seven out of nine fights, five of them by knockout. As for his one and only loss, it was avenged nine months later in his last fight with the promotion.

Hague will enter the Octagon already a proud champion, but he’s well aware that his transition to the UFC will bring a new set of challenges.

“Just checking the odds, I know that I am definitely coming in as the underdog,” he said. “It doesn’t bother me, not at all, because once the cage doors are locked, all bets are off. It’ll come down to who has the stronger will.”

Hague will test his mettle against former K-1 fighter Pat Barry (4-0), whose vicious leg kicks stopped Norway’s Dan Evensen in the first round at UFC 92. The matchup of opposing styles could go either way, but Hague says he’s ready for whatever comes. A former teacher, he knows that the secret to potential success is in doing his homework.

“Basically with every fight, I will look them up on the internet first,” said Hague. “I have a fairly good idea of what Barry is bringing to the cage, and my coaches and I have come up with a game plan accordingly. He is a phenomenal kickboxer, and given the guys he trains with, like [uFC veteran] Eric Schafer and Ben Rothwell, I expect him to be a hundred percent prepared. There is no reason that this shouldn’t be an excellent fight.”

Not one to mess with a winning formula, Hague is depending on the same coaches and training routine that have already proved successful nine times out of ten. (“I even eat the same thing every time on the day of a fight,” he said.) The only major adjustment

has been in training time.

“I found out about this fight at least 13 weeks out, which is more than usual,” said Hague. “One obstacle has always been the initial adrenaline rush, but preparation plays a big part in nerves. With five or six hours of training a day for this long, I don’t have to overthink or worry about getting tired.”

The extended camp has also come with a few low points, but Hague stays focused by drawing strength from one source: his family.

“I’m just coming up on my one year anniversary with my wife, and I have a nine-month old son,” he said. “Training definitely takes its toll on my energy reserves, but when I’m having one of those days, I just think about how badly I want this for my family.”

Given his prior record, Hague was not shy about how he think his first U.S. fight will play out.

“I’ll go for a TKO in round one,” he said with ease.

Should it go any other way, he’ll still exit the cage possessing the same friendly spirit with which he entered it.

“I’m not someone who comes into a fight bearing a grudge or hard feelings toward an opponent,” said Hague. “When it’s all over, I would prefer to shake hands and go for a beer.”

With such model sportsmanship, the UFC newcomer has obviously come a long way from his days of fearing fists.

“It’s kind of funny, too,” he said. “Because now some of the bullies from childhood are actually fans of mine.”

ufc.com

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

4 de Maio de 2009

Tim Hague – Apresentando “The Thrashing Machine”

por Debbie Lee

“Eu tinha medo de lutar quando era criança”

Não é isso que se espera ouvir de alguém com 1,93 de altura e 120kg, mas o canadense peso-pesado Tim Hague é como um gigante gentil. De fala suave, e bem educado, ele é o tipo de cara que no dia-a-dia, não mostra nenhum sinal de que gosta de lutar.

Mas isso não muda a sua historia de sucessos na jaula. Com a sua estréia no octágono marcada para 23 de Maio, no UFC 98, Hague espera mostra o seu poder de nocaute que o ajudou a acumular o cartel de 9-1, e o cinturão dos pesos pesados do evento canadense, King of the Cage.

“A minha meta, desde que comecei a lutar, era chegar no UFC.” diz o lutador de 25 anos. “O fato dos melhores lutadores do mundo serem escolhidos para estar aqui, significa que será difícil mas eu estou ansioso pelo desafio”

A caminhada de Hague para chegar até onde chegou foi um pouco incomum. Nascido e criado em Alberta, Canada, ele era uma “criança gordinha” e teve um desenvolvimento tardio para os esportes.

“Eu joguei hockey durante o Segundo Grau, mas não era um bom atleta.” confessa. “Eu acho que da pra dizer que eu era aquele que todos pegavam no pé. Mas eu nunca me meti numa briga, alias, eu tinha um pouco de medo de brigas.”

Como diz o ditado, as dificuldades o deixaram mais forte – nesse caso, tanto mentalmente quanto fisicamente. Hague ganhou de seus pais uma matricula numa academia como presente de formatura do Segundo Grau. (“Eu acho que eles estavam me dando uma indireta.”). E ele fez bom uso, mudou sua dieta e adotou uma rigorosa rotina de treinamentos. Ao mesmo tempo que cursava Educação pela Universidade de Alberta, ele começou a competir levantamento de peso pelo time do seu Segundo Grau, ganhando até um premio em supino.

Foi uma transformação impressionante em tão pouco tempo. Mas ainda faltava algo. Hague queria um novo desafio.

“Foi quando me deram um dica na academia sobre um treinamento grátis de MMA, e eu decidi experimentar” ele diz. “Foi isso, eu praticamente comecei a treinar do dia para a noite. Eu treinava com alguns caras, incluindo Travis Galbraith (veterano do KOTC). Fui aprendendo rápido, e alguns meses depois ele me perguntou se eu queria lutar”.

Ele topou sem hesitar. Mas como era um antigo alvo de gozações, sua decisão causou surpresa para seus conhecidos.

“Meus amigos e familiares ficaram com medo que eu me machucasse.” diz Hague. “Eles nunca imaginaram que eu poderia fazer isso para me sustentar. Mas eu não podia deixar isso me incomodar. Se eu resolvo fazer algo, eu sigo em frente, não importa o que os outros digam”

Hague chocou a todos, incluindo a si próprio, com uma vitória por finalização. Durante seus dois anos competindo no KOTC, “The Thrashing Machine” (apelido dado por seu treinador de boxe) teve 7 das 9 lutas interrompidas, 5 delas por nocaute. Sua única derrota foi vingada 9 meses depois, na sua ultima luta pelo evento.

Hague vai entrar no octágono com orgulho de ser um campeão, mas ele está bem consciente dos desafios do UFC.

“Segundo as probabilidades, eu sei que vou lutar como a zebra” diz. “Não me incomoda, nem um pouco, quando fecham a porta da jaula, o favoritismo fica do lado de fora. Aquele que tiver mais determinação vence.”

Hague vai se testar contra o antigo lutador de K-1, Pat Barry (4-0), aquele que venceu, graças aos seus potentes low kicks, Dan Evensen no UFC 92. Numa luta de estilos diferentes pode acontecer de tudo, mas Hague se diz pronto para qualquer situação. Como ex professor, ele sabe que a formula para o sucesso é fazer a lição de casa.

“Basicamente em todas as minhas lutas, eu procuro informações na internet primeiro.” diz Hague. “Eu tenho mais ou menos noção do que Barry pode fazer, e junto com meus treinadores bolamos uma estratégia para a luta. Ele é um kickboxer fenomenal, e com o tipo de parceiros que ele tem, Eric Schafer (veterano do UFC) e Ben Rothwell, eu estou esperando que ele venha 100% preparado. Não existe motivo para que essa luta não seja excelente.”

Sem nada para atrapalhar a formula da vitória, Hague treina com os mesmos treinadores e mantem a mesma rotina de treinamento que já provou ser vitoriosa. (“Eu até como a mesma comida de sempre no dia da luta.”) A única mudança foi o tempo de treinamento.

“Eu soube da luta umas 13 semanas antes, o que não é nada normal.” diz. “Um obstáculo sempre foi controlar a adrenalina no começo mas se preparar bem ajuda a controlar os nervos. Com cinco ou seis horas de treino por dia por todo esse tempo, eu não tenho que repensar nada ou me preocupar em me cansar.”

Um longo treinamento também tem lados negativos, mas Hague se manteve focado com ajuda da sua família.

“Eu acabei de fazer um ano de casado, tenho um filho de 9 meses. Treinar me tira toda a energia, e quando eu tenho alguma duvida eu lembro o quanto eu quero isso para a minha família.”

Pensando no seu histórico, Hague não foi nada tímido ao revelar o que espera da sua primeira luta nos EUA.

“Eu vou para conseguir um TKO no primeiro round."

Seja como a luta terminar, ele vai sair do octágono da mesma maneira amigável que entrou.

“Eu não sou o tipo de lutador que vai guardar rancor, ou fazer inimigos. Quando a luta acabar, eu vou preferir cumprimentar meu oponente e ir tomar uma cerveja.”

Com tanto espírito esportivo, o novato no UFC obviamente teve um longo caminho desde a época que temia lutas.

“É até engraçado. Hoje alguns daqueles valentões da minha infância são meus fãs.”

Editado por ekkaia

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
May-4-2009

Tim Hague – Introducing “The Thrashing Machine”

valeu man

acabei de postar

-------------------------

BUILDING A BETTER BROCK, ONE STEP AT A TIME

8712-LesnarCouture302UFC91.jpg

It will have been nearly a year and a half since Brock Lesnar submitted to Frank Mir's kneebar at UFC 81 in February of 2008 – the fight that marked Lesnar's UFC debut – when the two rematch at UFC 101 on July 11.

And this time when they meet, the stakes will be much higher. Each now owns a piece of heavyweight championship real estate. Lesnar is the UFC heavyweight champion, having bested Randy Couture with his heavy hands and destructive knees. Mir is the interim champion. He earned the designation by doing something no one had ever done before; knocking out then interim champ Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, at a time when Couture's UFC title and status were still up in the air.

With a professional record of a mere 3-1, Lesnar's level of experience is the easy target... and one which Mir has latched on to.

“I think that a lot of people realize that he was only 1-1, he had a .500 record in the UFC when he got a title shot," the interim champ commented to MMAWeekly.com recently. "So I think the more that he can scream about my belt, people maybe don’t look at his.”

Misdirection may be a strategy that Mir sees coming out of Camp Lesnar, but Lesnar's lead trainer, Greg Nelson of Minnesota Martial Arts Academy, believes there's a lot more to the champion than his experience belies.

"Brock's an entirely different fighter. He's grown leaps and bounds in the skill level. He's going to be a wiser fighter. He's going to be more well-rounded," Nelson stated. "It's going to be an entirely different Brock when he goes in there."

Mir and Lesnar were initially slated for the rematch to happen at UFC 98 later this month. Mir, however, had to undergo minor surgery to repair the meniscus in his knee, putting off their date until July.

Nelson says that Lesnar utilized the delay to do his best to add to his experience level, albeit without an actual fight.

"We just got done with a training camp, as if we were training for the May fight. We brought everybody in to work with him and we trained just as if we were going through a training camp," Nelson told MMAWeekly.com.

"Obviously (Brock) wants to fight, but we just take it in stride. Then we decided okay, let's use this to our advantage, get some more training, get some more time, get some more guys. Gives us more time is how we look at it."

Still, that doesn't sway Mir away from pointing at faults in the big man's game. As he said in a recent interview, "I see a lot of things that he’s done in his last couple of fights that I think are mistakes that are not really his fault, they’re maybe his trainer’s faults. How can he be so talented, an NCAA champion, probably one of the best wrestlers to come out of college in the heavyweight division, and still make some of the real basic balancing and footwork mistakes that he’s making right now?”

Nelson is undeterred by the interim champion's barbs. He knows that Lesnar isn't yet at the apex of his skills. But who is?

"You could say that about everybody. The bottom line is it's an entirely different sport, wrestling and striking. So you've got a great, talented athlete who's doing something right," said the trainer. "In one punch, he broke Heath Herring's eye socket and basically controlled the whole fight because of that punch. And knocked out Randy Couture with the same punch and knees.

"He's such a strong guy. And not only strong, but agile. It's great. It's like training Sean Sherk, you know, he's not a gifted guy, but works real hard and he's like another version of that. It takes time to develop any game."

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templa...12&zoneid=2

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Doki, a tradução literal do título seria Construindo um Brock melhor.... mas eu acho que soa meio estranho, mas vc resolve na hora de postar. Abraços.

FAZENDO UM BROCK MELHOR, UM PASSO DE CADA VEZ

Vai estar completando quase um ano e meio desde que Brock Lesnar foi finalizado por Frank Mir no UFC 81 em Fevereiro de 2008 (a luta que marcou a estréia de Lesnar no UFC) quando os dois se reencontrarem no UFC101 no dia 11 de Julho.

E dessa vez os riscos serão bem maiores. Cada um detem uma parte do cinturão dos pesos-pesados do UFC. Lesnar é o campeão da categoria, depois de ter ganho de Randy Couture com suas mãos pesadas e joelhadas destrutivas. Mir é o campeão interino. Ele ganhou esse título após ter feito o que ninguém havia conseguido; nocautear o campeão interino Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

Com um cartel de apenas 3-1, o nível de experiencia de Lesnar é um alvo fácil... um alvo que Mir persegue.

"Eu acho que muita gente sabe que o cartel dele era 1-1, ele estava 50% no UFC quando ganhou a chance de disputar o cinturão.” comentou o campeão interino à MMAWeekly.com. “Quanto mais ele falar do meu cinturão, talvez parem de se importar com o dele.”

Desconversar talvez seja a estrategia que Mir enxerga vindo da academia de Lesnar, porém o treinador principal de Lesnar, Greg Nelson da Minnesota Martial Arts Academy, acredita que o campeão tem muito mais do que sua experiencia possa aparentar.

"Brock é um lutador completamente diferente. Ele deu um salto grande na parte técnica. Ele sera um lutador inteligente. Ele estará bem mais rodado.” declarou Nelson. “Vai ser um Brock completamente diferente que entrara para lutar.”

Mir vs Lesnar estava marcado para acontecer no UFC98. Mas Mir teve que se submeter a uma pequena cirurgia para reparar o menisco, adiando a luta até Julho.

Nelson diz que Lesnar aproveitou esse adiamento para fazer o seu melhor e adquirir mais experiencia, mesmo sem lutar.

"Nós seguimos o treinamento como se a luta ainda estivesse marcada para Maio. Nós trouxemos todo mundo para trabalhar com ele, e continuamos a nos preparar para a luta.” contou Nelson para a MMAWeekly.com

"É obvio que Lesnar queria lutar mas nós decidimos usar isso a nosso favor. Tivemos mais tempo para treinar, mais tempo para arranjar novos parceiros. Isso nos deu mais tempo, é assim que encaramos.”

Mesmo assim, Mir continua apontando as falhas no jogo do gigante. Como ele disse numa recente entrevista, “Eu vejo vários erros que ele cometeu nas suas ultimas lutas que eu considero que não são sua culpa, talvez culpa do seu treinador. Como pode ele ser tão talentoso, um campeão da NCAA, provavelmente um dos melhores wrestlers colegiais na categoria de pesos-pesados, e ainda assim cometer alguns erros básicos de equilíbrio e jogo de pés?”

Nelson não liga para o comentário do campeão interino. Ele sabe que Lesnar ainda não está no auge da sua capacidade. Mas quem está?

"Você poderia dizer isso de qualquer um. O ponto é, wrestling e trocação são completamente diferentes. Você tem um ótimo, e talentoso atleta que está fazendo algo certo.” diz o treinador. “Em um único soco, ele quebrou a órbita ocular de Heath Herring e praticamente controlou toda a luta por causa desse golpe. E nocauteou Randy Couture com o mesmo soco, e joelhadas.”

“Ele é um cara muito forte. Não só forte, mas também ágil. Isso é ótimo. É como treinar Sean Sherk, ele não é um cara talentoso, mas trabalha duro, ele é uma outra versão disso. Leva tempo para desenvolver qualquer jogo.”

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Doki, a tradução literal do título seria Construindo um Brock melhor.... mas eu acho que soa meio estranho, mas vc resolve na hora de postar. Abraços.

FAZENDO UM BROCK MELHOR, UM PASSO DE CADA VEZ

eu até estou acostumado com construindo mas optei pela sua dica

valeu reverencia4jp.gif ekkaia

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Interview with UFC fighter Shane Carwin

14.05.2009 18:45 argen2m

carwin3.jpg

Shane Carwin is a U.S. Mix Martial Artist with an impressive record of 11 wins, all by the way of T(KO) or submission coming in the first round and no defeats. After his latest noticeable win by KO over the tough Brazilian Gabriel Gonzaga on UFC 96, Carwin finally received a well-deserved attention from the media and fans all over the world. He is also considered to be the number one contender for the future heavyweight title shot against the winner between Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir.

These and many more in the valetudo.ru’s exclusive interview with the top-10 heavyweight in the world - Shane Carwin!

Valetudo: Before stepping up against Napao, you were undefeated, with all your fights ending by the way of TKO or submission. Did it bother you that you were still considered by many as an underdog?

Shane Carwin (SC): Not at all Gabe had fought and beaten some of the best in the world. I still have a lot to prove and improve upon. I think i was indeed the underdog.

Valetudo: For your previous UFC fights, you weighted exactly 265 lbs, the maximum allowed weight for the heavyweight. However, for the Gonazaga’s fight, you tipped the scale at 259. What was different in preparation for that fight? Do you feel more comfortable / faster weighing little less?

SC: A little more science in the diet and of course not having to travel over seas was a big help in getting ready.

Valetudo: Now, after you made a bold statement by knocking out Gonzaga in little over a minute, what is next for Shane Carwin? Some people want you to face Cheikh Kongo for the number one title contender spot. What do you think of that?

SC: Kongo is tough, who ever the ufc has in store i just want to fight the best

carwinfight1.jpg

Valetudo: When Randy Couture was preparing for his fight against Brock, he invited you to train with him. How was that experience? What do you think went wrong in that fight? Did Randy get caught, or was a logical finale of the battle?

SC: That was just a rumor, i have never trained at coutures. Father time is what happened. In randy's prime youth and power would not have been enough to stop him. He is showing the battle scars and that is what happens, he is and will forever be a legend and i hope to be able to acomplish a small % of the things he has.

Valetudo: Speaking of Brock, does it bother you at all that the guy who only had one professional fight under his belt, gets a co-main event fight in his UFC debut and then a title shot having professional record of 2-1? At the same time, you had to go the hard way, slowly getting the media attention and making it to the main card.

SC: Nope, Dana is very clear about wanting to give the fans the fights they want. The guy has a big following and sold a bunch of tickets and ppv's. It is not like they had me fighting Randy on the undercard, so again no complaints from me, i am a happy employee.

Valetudo: Frank Mir once described what goes though his head a day before the fight: he can’t sleep, can’t eat, and can’t talk to anybody; the anxiety is off the roof!

What goes through your mind a day before fight? How do you deal with it?

SC: I have so much going on in my life i just dont have time to think about it. I am thinking lets do this and go home. When i am in the ring it is like an outter body experience.

Valetudo: How to beat Fedor? He faced the best of all styles, BJJ Black Blets, violent strikers, All-American wrestlers, world-class boxers. What would be your strategy / game plan against the Last Emperor?

SC: I think Arlovski showed that Fedor is human and can be beat if you put the complete gameplan together. Fedor is the type of opponent that you should believe the hype and prepare for a full mma fight. I would love to see fedor in the ufc and of course i would be honored to face such a legend.

Valetudo: Would you like to see Fedor in UFC? Do you think he would have difficulties adjusting to the cage, similar to what CroCop, Noguera, and Wanderlei had in their fights?

SC: Yes i think Mir, Cain, and a few others could give him the competition level i know he desires.

carwinfight3.jpg

Valetudo: Do you have any fighters that you admire or look after? Any role models?

SC: All of the fighters that do this for the passion not the fame.

Valetudo: Do you let your 8-year old son watch your fights? What about your wife? Does she like what you are doing or does she want you out of fighting business?

SC: I would let him watch the fights, i would make sure he understands it first. He however is unable to watch for other reasons. I have to say his soccer games can make mma look like a childs sport.

Valetudo: Who is Shane Carwin in the first place, an Engineer or a Fighter?

SC: A father, friend, engineer, fighter, and loving husband all in one.

Valetudo: Thank you Shane, we wish best of luck! Bring that belt to the great state of Colorado!

SC: Thank you!

http://valetudo.ru/index.php?option=com_co...s&Itemid=65

Editado por Dóki

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Doki, a entrevista do Cain é grandona, to meio sem tempo aqui. Traduzi essa aqui primeiro, depois traduzo a outra.

Entrevista com o lutador do UFC Shane Carwin

Shane Carwin é um lutador de MMA com um impressionante cartel de 11 vitorias, todas por T(KO) ou finalização ainda no primeiro round. Depois de ter vencido Gabriel Napão, Carwin finalmente ganhou atenção merecida da mídia e dos fãs. Ele também é considerado o próximo desafiante ao cinturão dos peso-pesados. Isso e muito mais nessa entrevista exclusiva para valetudo.ru.

Valetudo: Antes de você enfrentar o Napão, você estava invicto, com todas as suas lutas terminando por nocaute ou finalização. Te incomodou ser considerado uma zebra para essa luta?

Shane Carwin (SC): Nem um pouco, Gabe lutou e venceu alguns dos melhores do mundo. Eu ainda tenho muito a provar e melhorar. Eu acho que era mesmo a zebra.

Valetudo: Nas suas outras lutas no UFC você pesou exatamente 120Kg, o máximo permitido para a categoria. Para a luta contra Gonzaga você pesou 117Kg. O que foi feito de diferente na preparação para a luta? Você se sentiu mais confortável, mais rápido lutando mais leve?

SC: Um pouco mais de ciência na minha dieta, e claro, não ter que viajar para o exterior ajudou bastante.

Valetudo: Depois de ter nocauteado Gonzaga em menos de um minuto, qual o próximo passo para Shane Carwin? Algumas pessoas querem que você encare Cheik Kongo para decidir quem será o próximo desafiante ao cinturão. O que você pensa sobre isso?

SC: Kongo é um lutador duro. Qualquer um que o UFC tiver, eu quero lutar contra o melhor.

Valetudo: Quando Couture estava se preparando para lutar contra Brock, ele te convidou para treinar com ele. Como foi essa experiencia? O que você acha que deu errado naquela luta? Couture foi pego, ou foi um final logico para aquela luta?

SC: Isso foi um rumor, eu nunca treinei com Couture. A idade chegou, foi isso que aconteceu. Quando Randy estava no seu auge aquilo não teria sido suficiente para o fazer parar. Ele esta mostrando os sinais das suas antigas batalhas, e é isso que aconteceu. Ele é e sempre será uma lenda do esporte, e eu espero ser capaz de conseguir uma parte das coisas que ele conseguiu.

Valetudo: Falando em Brock, te incomoda o fato de que ele com apenas uma luta profissional fez o co-main event, e depois, ter ganhado a chance de disputar o cinturão com o cartel de apenas 2-1? Ao mesmo tempo que você teve que seguir o caminho mais difícil, aos poucos tendo a atenção da mídia e chegar até o main card?

SC: Não. Dana quer dar aos fãs as lutas que eles querem, ele é muito claro sobre isso. O cara tem muitos fãs, e vende bastante ingresso e PPV. Não é que eles me colocaram para lutar contra Randy no undercard, então não tenho do que reclamar. Eu sou um empregado contente.

Valetudo: Frank Mir descreveu certa vez o que acontece com ele antes de uma luta; ele não consegue dormir, comer ou conversar com ninguém. A ansiedade toma conta dele. O que passa na sua cabeça antes de lutar? Como você lida com isso?

SC: Tem um monte de coisa acontecendo na minha vida, eu não tenho tempo para pensar sobre isso. Eu só penso em lutar de uma vez, e ir para casa. Quando eu estou no ringue parece que é outra pessoa ao invés de mim.

Valetudo: Como vencer o Fedor? Ele enfrentou os melhores de cada estilo, faixas pretas de Jiu Jitsu, strikes violentos, wrestlers, boxeadores. Qual seria sua estrategia para o Last Emperor?

SC: Eu acho que Arlovski mostrou que Fedor é humano e pode ser vencido se você seguir o plano traçado. Fedor é o tipo de oponente que você deve acreditar no que dizem sobre ele, e se preparar para uma luta de verdade. Eu adoraria vê-lo no UFC, e claro, seria uma honra enfrentar uma lenda como ele.

Valetudo: Você gostaria de ver Fedor no UFC? Você acha que ele teria dificuldade para se adaptar ao octógono, algo parecido com o que houve com Crocop, Nogueira e Wanderlei?

SC: Sim, eu acho que Mir, Cain e outros poderiam dar a ele algum desafio que eu sei que ele deseja.

Valetudo: Existe algum lutador que você admira ou se espelha? Algum exemplo a ser seguido?

SC: Todos os lutadores que lutam por amor, e não pela fama.

Valetudo: Você deixa seu filho de 8 anos assistir suas lutas? E quanto a sua esposa, ela gosta do que você faz, ou ela quer que você largue o mundo das lutas?

SC: Eu deixaria que ele assistisse, primeiro eu iria garantir que ele entenda o que está acontecendo. Mas na verdade ele não pode assistir por outros motivos. Eu posso te dizer que os jogos de futebol (soccer, não o futebol americano) que ele assiste podem fazer o MMA parecer brincadeira de criança.

Valetudo: Quem é Shane Carwin em primeiro lugar, um engenheiro ou um lutador?

SC: Um pai, um amigo, engenheiro, lutador e um marido.

Valetudo: Obrigado Shane, nós lhe desejamos boa sorte! E traga o cinturão para o Estado do Colorado.

SC: Obrigado!

Editado por ekkaia

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Doki, a entrevista do Cain é grandona, to meio sem tempo aqui. Traduzi essa aqui primeiro, depois traduzo a outra.

acabei de postar

mais uma vez valeu Ekkaia, ótimo trabalho

achei que o site valetudo.ru errou nesse trecho

SC: Não. Dana quer dar aos fãs as lutas que eles querem, ele é muito claro sobre isso. O cara tem muitos fãs, e vende bastante ingresso e PPV. Não é que eles me colocaram para lutar contra Randy no undercard, então não tenho do que reclamar. Eu sou um empregado contente.

Carwin tava falando dos fãs do Brock entao eu achei que ele disse que nao foram os fas dele que o colocaram pra lutar contra o Couture no MainCard e nao Undercard como aparece no site

e que por isso nao podia reclamar

deixei assim, nao sei se eu entendi errado

Não é eles que me colocaram para lutar contra Randy no Maincard

abraço

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Perfect timing: Cain Velasquez on his new UFC 99 opponent, Cheick Kongo

By: Brian Oswald

cainvelasquez-interview.jpg

Highly-touted heavyweight prospect Cain Velasquez was all set to face the toughest test of his young career, preparing to collide with grizzled MMA veteran, Heath Herring, in the co-main event at UFC 99: “The Comeback” on June 13.

But a funny thing happened on the way to the Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany: “The Texas Crazy Horse” pulled up lame, forcing the promotion — and Velasquez — to switch gears on the fly and plug-in a formidable opponent capable of finding out what the wrestling powerhouse from Arizona State University is truly made of.

Enter Cheick Kongo.

“The French Sensation” is coming off a second round technical knockout victory over Antoni Hardonk at UFC 97 just last month. He has won his last three fights since losing a split decision to the aforementioned Herring. His confidence has more than likely never been higher.

Talk about a tall (and rather imposing) order … and he has just three weeks to try and figure out how to fill it.

We had the chance to briefly catch up with the soft-spoken Velaquez between training sessions earlier today. He talked to us about his new opponent, the Lesnar-Mir fight, the addition of Mirko “Cro Cop” to the fight card and much more.

Check it out:

Brian Oswald (MMAMania.com): The big news this week was that Heath Herring had to pull out of your UFC 99 fight. The UFC replaced Heath Herring with Cheick Kongo. How do you feel about your new opponent and will it change your strategy with little more than three weeks to go?

Cain Velazquez: I feel good about my new opponent. At this stage, I think he is a tougher opponent. I thought he was in line for a title shot next so that makes me feel good. I will definitely have to change up my gameplan now.

He has a long reach and is very strong fighter. He has improved his take down defense. I will be really focused on my take downs and also working to sharpen my kickboxing skills. Overall, I want to be fast, explosive and just stay calm out there.

Brian Oswald (MMAMania.com): Cheick Kongo is known for his aggressive stand up game. Kongo is also known for having a suspect ground game. Will you exploit this right away and look to take Kongo to the ground or will you stand and trade with him to start the fight?

Cain Velazquez: We will see how the fight goes. I will start with a stand up fight and see how that goes. The fight will end up on the ground if it needs to. His defense has gotten a lot better but I am a phenomenal wrestler. I am going to make Kongo work for everything in this fight.

Brian Oswald (MMAMania.com): There’s a rumor floating around that Kongo was promised the first shot at the winner of the UFC 100 title unification bout between Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir if he can get past you June 13. If you beat Kongo, do you feel that puts you in line for a title shot over guys like Shane Carwin or the Randy Couture-Antonio Noguiera winner?

Cain Velazquez: I don’t think about that. I just have to go out there and win this fight. Whatever the UFC decides to do with the next title contender is their call. That being said, if they ask me, I will definitely be ready for my title shot.

Brian Oswald (MMAMania.com): Dana White has confirmed Croatian heavyweight superstar, Mirko “Cro Cop,” will make his Octagon return on the same UFC 99 fight card against Mustapha Al-Turk. Would you have rather fought a legend in the sport like Cro Cop or do you prefer a surging superstar like Cheick Kongo?

Cain Velazquez: I think Cheick is the perfect opponent for me right now. He is surging — he is at the top of his game right now. He has a three game winning streak going into this fight. I think adding Cro Cop made that fight card that much more exciting though.

Brian Oswald (MMAMania.com): How is your training coming along? What is your workout regimen like with little more than three weeks to go before your big UFC 99 fight?

Cain Velazquez: It is going good. I am doing three a days. I lift in the morning. I have training during the day and also night training. I add in a run between those work outs. Training is going good — I am working real hard right now. About a week before the fight I will slow things down and go into rest mode. It will basically be the week I am out in Germany.

Brian Oswald (MMAMania.com): Are you going to predict a winner for Lesnar vs. Mir. And do you have a preference as to who you fight?

Cain Velazquez: I honestly think it is a toss up. Frank Mir has beat Lesnar once. And he looked very sharp against Nogueira. Brock is still new to the sport but he is spending so much time in the gym. He has obviously gotten better. I think it will it be an exciting fight. I really can’t predict a winner yet.

As far as whom I fight, I will fight either one.

Brian Oswald (MMAMania.com): Thanks for stepping away from your training to speak with us. We look forward to your fight with Cheick Kongo at UFC 99.

Cain Velazquez: Thank you

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Visitante
Este tópico está impedido de receber novos posts.
Entre para seguir isso