gomes

Chael Sonnen: "Bater o Anderson eh obrigacao moral"

Chael Sonnen (Republicano do Oregon), disse que bater Anderson Silva seria uma obrigacao para e com a sociedade. E que em 2010 sera feito.

Abaixo segue toda a entrevista, feita imediatamente apos a luta do Anderson.

Chael Sonnen says Anderson Silva's UFC 112 antics unsurprising

by John Morgan and Steven Marrocco on Apr 10, 2010 at 5:40 pm ET

UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva's refusal to engage Demian Maia at Saturday's UFC 112 event left many MMA observers both shocked and appalled.

Top contender Chael Sonnen was not among them.

After hearing of Silva's in-cage antics during the night's main event, Sonnen told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) he wasn't surprised. After all, according to the Team Quest fighter, "The Spider's" actions weren't exactly out of character.

"I wasn't surprised," Sonnen said. "It is par for the course."

Silva began the fight by taunting his opponent through the opening two rounds. With Maia unable to match the speed and precision striking offered by Silva, the champion was in complete control.

Some considered the actions over the line, but Sonnen actually defended his budding nemesis by professing that Silva often uses a bit of psychological warfare in the cage to bait his opponents into making a mistake.

"I don't find it unsportsmanlike, because I don't know why he's doing it," Sonnen said. "He could well be doing one of those antics to try to get his opponent to engage. But I have a hard time blaming him for that.

"I [saw] those antics against Forrest (Griffin); Forrest got baited into it and got knocked out for his efforts, so I don't blame [silva] for doing that stuff, and I don't consider it unsportsmanlike because I don't know what's in his heart. Meaning to be a jerk, well, that's unsportsmanlike. When he doesn't mean to be a jerk, it's kind of hard to pin that on him."

Sonnen has yet to see the fight with his own eyes as he was busy in Reno, Nev., coaching 34 kids from his wrestling team at the World of Wrestling Championships. However, he was getting :D-by-blow updates from one of his friends back on Oregon, who filled him in on the details of Silva's odd behavior, his refusal to engage over the final three rounds, and the crowd's voracious boos.

Sonnen, by virtue of his February win over Nate Marquardt, may be next in line for Silva. The Oregonian said he'll check out today's action when he has a chance, but he doesn't anticipate his own plans changing based on what he sees.

"I'll watch the fight, but Silva's been in my crosshairs anyway, whether it's beating him for the belt or to win the belt and go beat him up after that." Sonnen said. "He's getting beaten up in 2010 by Chael Sonnen. That's been the story from the jump.

"There's people out there that need (to be) beaten up – he's one of them. And I have a moral obligation to society to beat him up."

And while Silva refused to touch his opponent's glove from the outset of today's disappointing UFC 112 finale, Sonnen says he couldn't care less. A fight's a fight, and Sonnen plans on backing up every claim he's already made – along with all those yet to come.

"[silva] is a dirtbag anyway, whether he went out there and shook hands and was gracious or he didn't," Sonnen said. "Who cares? I don't know why sportsmanship needs to be involved, anyways. It's a fight – go do whatever you want.

"So, yes, I will do whatever I want. And when my music hits those speakers, I will make that walk and answer for my words."

For complete coverage of UFC 112, including the night's official results, check out the UFC Events section of MMAjunkie.com.

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Compartilhar em outros sites

AS conseguiu ser a unanimidade negativa do mundo do MMA...

Editado por Muhammad Ali

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Convidado Vato

Esse Sonnen é um fanfarrão da porra.

PAulão já levou o braço dele para casa uma vez e o cara teve a cara dura de dizer na época que não tinha batido e o árbitro fez merda e tudo mais.

pulao.jpg

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Go Sonnen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eu acho certo mandar o bailarinho embora e fazer o Vitor contra o Sonnen. Esse fanfarrão no merece lutar no UFC

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Nunca pensei que diria isso, mas até torceria contra o AS numa eventual luta contra o Sonnen, ele teria mas chances do que o MAIA por uma questão de jogo, quem for lutar contra o Anderson deve mante-lo com as costas no chão, nessa região ele não será tão perigoso e não fará nenhuma gracinha, esse cara e top do Wrestling e poderia fazer isso, preferiria outros adversários, mas se é o que tem fazer o que!!

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Rapaz, eu acho incrível dizer que o Anderson não merece estar no UFC... Vá lá que o cara fez 3 lutas péssimas... Mas e o restante? Os dois nocautes brutais no Rich Franklin? O show contra o Griffin (ex campeão da categoria de cima)? Os nocautes sobre o James Irvin, Nate e a finalização sobre o Lutter?

Calma, galera... Calma... Imediatismo é algo extremamente ruim e irracional...

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Não gosto de nenhum dos dois...

Torço pro vitor luar com o silvaantes do sonnen

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Coiatdo do Sonnen, vai ser outro a ser tratorizado, com direito a gracinha do AS.

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Rapaz, eu acho incrível dizer que o Anderson não merece estar no UFC... Vá lá que o cara fez 3 lutas péssimas... Mas e o restante? Os dois nocautes brutais no Rich Franklin? O show contra o Griffin (ex campeão da categoria de cima)? Os nocautes sobre o James Irvin, Nate e a finalização sobre o Lutter?

Calma, galera... Calma... Imediatismo é algo extremamente ruim e irracional...

Concordo! Torcer contra tudo bem, visto que quem tem uma soberba daquelas só ganha torcida contra. Agora dizer que o cara não deveria estar no UFC é brincadeira, acho que bastaria lhe dar bons adversários na LHW ou HW

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Isso Sonen , liga pro Thales , Pro Nate , Pro Demian todos ja fizeram isso uma vez , pede uma ajuda pra eles..........!

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Crie uma conta ou entre para comentar

Você precisar ser um membro para fazer um comentário

Criar uma conta

Crie uma nova conta em nossa comunidade. É fácil!

Crie uma nova conta

Entrar

Já tem uma conta? Faça o login.

Entrar Agora