Entre para seguir isso  
Convidado Mena I

Bobby Southworth espera por revanche o mais breve possível

Convidado Mena I

SOUTHWORTH HOPING FOR REMATCH... SOON

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - by Ricardo Mendoza - MMAWeekly.com

7668-SobralSouthworthSF13_8506.JPG

Logo depois de perder o cinturão dos meio-pesados do Strikeforce para Renato "Babalu" Sobral, o ex-campeão Bobby Southworth reuniu-se com a mídia para discutir a luta e a possibilidade de uma revanche. "Obviamente estou desapontado. Toda vez que você perde uma luta é decepcionante, mas quando você perde um cinturão, é um pouco mais ", disse Southworth quando perguntado sobre o seu pensamento a respeito da luta. "Babalu é um verdadeiro desportista e agora ele é o verdadeiro campeão. Com sorte, ele vai me dar uma revanche pelo cinturão." "Mesmo Babalu sendo o campeão, ele já declarou que ia me dar uma revanche, e esperemos que isso aconteça o mais rapidamente possível."

Shortly after losing his Strikeforce light heavyweight championship to Renato “Babalu” Sobral, former champion Bobby Southworth met with the media to discuss the fight and the possibility of a rematch.

“Obviously I’m disappointed. Any time you lose a fight it's disappointing, but when you lose a belt, it’s a little more,” said Southworth when asked about his thoughts on the fight.

Up until the fight-ending cut, he looked impressive both in physique and in fight strategy, as he was able to get Babalu on the ground and impose his will. “Its unfortunate. I thought I was winning the fight up until the cut.”

“I’ve said many times that you can’t really complain about stoppages. The officials are in there and their primary concern is your safety as a fighter,” said Southworth after being asked if he thought the fight was stopped prematurely.

Although he was disappointed about losing the fight due to a cut stoppage, Southworth spoke highly of the new champion. “My opinion of Babalu is that he’s an icon in the sport, a legend, and it was truly an honor to fight him.

“Babalu is a true sportsman and now he’s a true champion. Hopefully, he’ll give me a rematch for the belt.”

One thing that was noticeable as Southworth stepped into the cage was his physical condition, looking to be in the best shape of his fighting career. Southworth elaborated on his preparation for this big fight.

“Definitely, I’m always in the gym, always training, but as you watch the sport evolve and you see the evolution of fighters elevate their game," he stated. "Everybody has a strength and conditioning coach and they have a nutritionist. I’ve always had people that work me out, people that have certification, but I’ve never had a real nutritionist put together a nutrition package and work me out four days a week, but for this fight I had that”.

When asked about his future and whom he’d like to face next, Southworth made no qualms that he’d like a chance to get his title back in the near future. “I’m always looking to face the best competition that I can. Babalu was the toughest challenge of my career and, outside the UFC, he’s one of the top 205-pounders that’s out there.

“I’d definitely like to fight him in a rematch. What’s the point of fighting someone else that’s below his status?”

Although coming out on the wrong side of the win column, Southworth feels like a rematch is in the cards for both fighters. “My main concern is to get my belt back. When you lose to a cut, you don’t feel like you’ve been beaten, and you still feel the belt is yours and I still feel that way.

“Even though Babalu is the champion, he’s already stated that he’d give me a rematch and hopefully that happens as soon as possible.”

The next Strikeforce in San Jose, Calif. is tentatively scheduled to happen in March of next year. That leaves the door wide open for a possible rematch.

Fonte: MMAWeekly

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Compartilhar em outros sites

Eu gostaria de ver uma revanche, mas ela não acontecerá tão cedo, não antes de Abril/2009.

^^

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Convidado Mena I
Eu gostaria de ver uma revanche, mas ela não acontecerá tão cedo, não antes de Abril/2009.

^^

Também acho...

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

mais que o Bob merece, isso é fato..

ele tava super bem na luta..

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

não tava tão bem assim estava bem equilibrada a luta até o Babalu acertar aquela cotovelada e causar o estrago no Bobby agora concordo com o brother essa revanche só deve rolar lá pro meio do ano que vem.

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Acho que não deveria ter revanche não. Ele perdeu e pronto. Se ele estava melhor antes, não interessa. Levou uma cotovelada e perdeu. Quando os brasileiros perdem de maneira semelhante, não tem essa de revanche. Então, por mim, o SOUTHWORTH pode ir para o fim da fila. Se for assim, o Jacaré também tem que ter uma revanche, pois perdeu no Dream e antes estava mandando na luta. (Isso é apenas a minha opinião)

Editado por Braco

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Esse ai merece toma umas bordoada na lata... quem assistiu o TUF em que ele participou sabe disso.

Editado por Abu-Jamra

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Poxa, eu não assisti essa luta!

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Crie uma conta ou entre para comentar

Você precisar ser um membro para fazer um comentário

Criar uma conta

Crie uma nova conta em nossa comunidade. É fácil!

Crie uma nova conta

Entrar

Já tem uma conta? Faça o login.

Entrar Agora
Entre para seguir isso