Entre para seguir isso  
Eduardo Almeida

Douglas Lima assina com o Bellator

O campeão dos meio-medios do MFC, o brasileiro Douglas Lima (18-4) agora é free agent, ou seja esta livre de suas obrigações com o evento canadense e assinou com o Bellator.

douglas-lima_large.jpg

"In every promotion I've fought in, I've always wanted to be the best welterweight in the division - but with Bellator, this is it," said Lima. "This is a big organization and I'm going to be fighting on national television on MTV2. This is it for me, finally."

Currently residing in Atlanta, the fast-rising 23-year-old enters Bellator riding a six-fight win streak and a battle-proven record of 18-4. "The Phenom" is currently all set to enter the promotion's upcoming welterweight tournament. A true finisher, 16 of Lima's 18 wins have come by submission or knockout.

"I just really want to finish all of my fights," Lima said. "Every time I fight, I'm always looking for some way to finish. I don't like leaving my fate in the hands of the judges. If we stand up I'm going to try to knock my opponent's head off, and if we go to the ground, I'm good there too."

While Lima tries not to focus on his losses, he can't help but be reminded of his 2008 submission defeat at the hands of Bellator veteran and Season 4 Welterweight Tournament Semifinalist Brent Weedman.

"I definitely want to get that loss back from Brent Weedman," said Lima. "I was very young when I fought him. He's a cool guy, but I wouldn't mind getting back inside the cage with him to get that one back."

Quem não gostou nada foi o CEO do MFC Mark Pavelich que reclamou atravez de seu Twitter ... O evento recentemente perdeu tambem o campeão dos leves Antonio McKee que tambem deixou o titulo vago.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/9/2162599/mfc-welterweight-champion-douglas-lima-signs-with-bellator

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Compartilhar em outros sites

Acho sacanagem,por que o mfc dá muito valor aos atletas e ta crescendo,por outro lado,se ele saiu é por que a proposta de renovação contratual deveria de ser ruim demais neh....

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Compartilhar em outros sites

Crie uma conta ou entre para comentar

Você precisar ser um membro para fazer um comentário

Criar uma conta

Crie uma nova conta em nossa comunidade. É fácil!

Crie uma nova conta

Entrar

Já tem uma conta? Faça o login.

Entrar Agora
Entre para seguir isso